- More than half of respondents feel most confident talking to their health care provider about contraception (57%), whilst a fifth feel most confident talking to their sexual partner, and 12% feel most confident speaking to their friends
- More females are confident about talking to a health care provider than males (62% compared to 43%), but more males are confident speaking to a sexual partner than females (33% compared to 15%).
- More females are also confident in speaking to friends than males (15% compared to 6%)
- Respondents aged 25 to 44 are most confident speaking to friends about contraception (68%), as well as to a sexual partner (58%)
- A high proportion of respondents who are most confident speaking to a health care provider are 45 or over (53%)
- Respondents who selected other state that they do not talk to anyone about contraception, or do not need to use contraception
An asterisk (*) indicates a small base size, caution should be taken when interpreting the results.