In total, 16 interviews were carried out with the following key stakeholders:
Clubs and organisations
- Badminton England and Hampshire Badminton
- Eastney Community Area Association Board
- Halcyon Naturist Swimming Club
- Pompey in the Community
- Portsmouth Netball and Netball England
- Portsmouth Northsea
- Portsmouth Victoria Synchronised Swimming Club
- Southsea Badminton Club
- Southsea Junior Octopush Club
- Southsea Senior Octopush Club
- Swim England
- Eastney & Craneswater ward councillors
- Milton ward councillors
- St Jude ward councillors
- The CLED committee
- Between them, the clubs and organisations have hundreds of members. Their ages range from a few weeks old (such as in baby groups) to over 100 years old.
- Most of their members live locally in Portsmouth, but some also travel into Portsmouth from places like the wider Hampshire area and Surrey.
- The activities and sessions take place every day of the week. Some of them last one hour, and some last longer.
- Several of the clubs and organisations use (or have used) Eastney Swimming Pool. The interviews also included existing users of Wimbledon Park Sports Centre, Bransbury Park and Eastney Community Centre.
- The Councillors who were interviewed represent the areas where Eastney Swimming Pool, Wimbledon Park Sports Centre, Eastney Community Centre and Bransbury Park are located. They provided their own insight, and also shared the views of their constituents.