- The most popular comments about what does not work well for children and young people with SEND in Portsmouth were also around the support that schools and colleges offer – it was reported to not be working well and needs improvements. Some respondents described a lack of communication, making them feel like they are not listened to.
- Also popular were comments around general difficulties that this group have experienced when trying to obtain support for children and young people with SEND in the city.
- Many discussed the lengthy processes which can cause delays to getting support and several feel that they need more information about the support available.
What support isn't working well for children and young people with SEND in Portsmouth?
Base (2021 sample): 198 (responses from at least 15 respondents)
- Schools and education (23%)
- Difficult to get support (18%)
- CAMHS and mental health services (12%)
- Need information on support (11%)
- Less support due to COVID-19 (11%)
- Delays to getting support (8%)
- Lack of communication (8%)