- The Short Breaks prepaid card has helped parents, carers and their families financially; it has helped them to go on more trips and to make more purchases (e.g. on toys and equipment) for their children or young people, as well as enabling them to attend more activities. Having more family time and respite were also commonly discussed.
- Similarly, the Short Breaks prepaid card has helped their child or young person to enjoy days out, activities away from the home and experience new things, improving their wellbeing and social skills. More family time, and purchasing more and treating their child or young person were also popular comments.
How has the prepaid card helped you and your family?
Base (2021 sample): 181 (responses from at least 14 respondents)
- Financially (46%)
- More trips (40%)
- Enabled access to activities (19%)
- Enabled purchases (19%)
- More family time (18%)
- Enabled respite (8%)
How has the prepaid card helped your child or young person?
Base (2021 sample): 157 (responses from at least 15 respondents)
- Days out (32%)
- Improved experiences (24%)
- Enabled treats and purchases (20%)
- Improved wellbeing (17%)
- More family time (10%)
- More socialising (10%)