- The most popular theme that emerged was around respondents and their children or young people receiving continued support during the pandemic.
- This cohort also discussed how grateful they are that various appointments have continued as usual and many commended the regularity of phone calls.
- Several parents and carers also discussed how their child or young person continuing to attend school throughout the pandemic has been positive.
- On the other hand, many reported that their child or young person has enjoyed learning remotely from home.
Positive impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
Positive impacts of the coronavirus pandemic on respondents’ experience with SEND services
Base (2021 sample): 153 (responses from at least 8 respondents)
- Have received continued support from SEND services (35%)
- Child or young person still attending school has been good (24%)
- Remote learning (online, at home) has been good (20%)
- Have continued receiving regular contact (20%)
- Child or young person is happier (10%)
- Smaller class sizes in person have meant more support (9%)
- Less face to face appointments (8%)
- More family time (5%)
- Better mental health (5%)
- Improved learning (5%)