Search
Generic filters

Summary:

  • No respondents recompense staff ‘for commuting‘ – however over half report that they are recompensed for the cost of travel on ‘business trips’ (54%)
  • The remaining 46% do not recompense staff for car / van travel
  • Businesses are recompensing staff for car / van travel at a variety of rates per mile – 45p per mile is the most common rate
  • Half of respondents are not recompensed for travel by public travel as part of their duties
  • Few businesses recompense staff ‘for commuting’ (4% of respondents) – however this is higher than commuting by car / van where no businesses recompense staff
  • 46% of respondents are recompensed for travel by public transport for ‘business trips’ (46%)
  • The majority of respondents (83%) report that their organisation reimburses costs for public transport regardless of form

An asterisk (*) indicates a very small base size, caution should be taken when interpreting the results

Whether staff are recompensed for car / van travel

Base: Business respondents | *caution small base

This chart shows that no respondents recompense staff ‘for commuting‘ – however over half report that they are recompensed for the cost of travel on ‘business trips’ (54%). The chart also shows that the remaining 46% do not recompense staff for car/ van travel.

Cost reimbursed per mile

Base: Organisations who recompense staff for travel (9*) | *caution small base

This table shows that businesses are recompensing staff for car / van travel at a variety of rates per mile – 45p per mile is the most common rate.

wdt_ID Cost per mile Number of respondents

Whether staff are recompensed for public transport travel as part of their duties

Base: Business respondents (24*) | *caution small base

This chart shows that half of respondents are not recompensed for travel by public travel as part of their duties, few businesses recompense staff ‘for commuting’ (4% of respondents) – however this is higher than commuting by car/ van where no businesses recompense staff. The chart also shows that 46% of respondents are recompensed for travel by public transport for ‘business trips’ (46%).

Forms of public transport travel businesses recompense staff for

Base: Business recompenses for staff public transport travel (12*) | *caution small base

Thus chart shows that the majority of respondents (83%) report that their organisation reimburses costs for public transport regardless of form.