- Members of the Portsmouth Cycle Forum are pleased to see a city-wide, evidence based LCWIP, and be involved in the consultation process. However, it lacks ambition and drive to deliver the ambition of LTP4, and the Climate Change Emergency.
- It is felt that the timelines should be brought forward, and delivery far greater in a ten year timeframe.
- The document should be more ambitious, based on new guidance and policy and show commitment to design for funding.
- Further consideration should be given to off-carriageway routes.
- Further data should be provided regarding casualties and near misses.
- There should be an increase in the number of east-west routes.
Further detail is needed regarding a tertiary network for shorter trips