- A higher proportion of females (57%) responded to the consultation than males (43%)
- The split, with a larger proportion of respondents being female, follows usual trends in council consultations
- The majority of respondents in the consultation sample were aged 45+ (61% of respondents)
- This age distribution is again in line with expectations that a larger proportion of responses to public consultations will come from those aged over 45
- The majority of respondents in the consultation sample were White British (90%), followed by ‘White – Other’ (4%) and ‘White – Irish’ (1%)
- The vast majority of respondents (86%) indicated that they did not have a disability, whereas 14% indicated that they do have a disability under the Equality Act 2010 definition
- The most common disability types among respondents considering themselves to have a disability were ‘physical’ (39%), ‘mobility’ (38%) and ‘mental health’ (32%)
Demographics - Sex
Base: Total sample (1,823)
This graph shows that 43% of respondents were males and 57% were females.
Demographics - Age
Base: Total sample (1,824)
This graph shows that less than 1% of respondents were under 18 years old, 4% were 18-24 years old, 17% were 25-34 years old, 17% were 35-44 years old, 19% were 45-54 years old, 23% were 55-64 years old, 15% were 65-74 years old and 4% were 75 years old and over.
Demographics - Ethnicity
Base: Total sample (1,791)
This graph shows that:
Of Mixed / Multiple Ethnic Group respondents: 0.2% were White and Black Caribbean, 0.1% were White and Black African, 0.3% were White and Asian, and 0.7% were Other
Of White respondents: 0.1% were Gypsy or Irish traveller, 1% were Irish, 90% were British and 4% were other
Of Black / African Caribbean or Black British respondents: 0.4% were African, 0.2% were Caribbean, 0.1% were other
Of Asian or Asian British respondents: 0.4% were Chinese, 0.6% were Bangladeshi, 0.6% were Indian, 0.1% were Pakistani and 0.2% were other
Of Other ethnic groups: 0.3% were Arab and 0.4% were other.
Demographics - Disability
Base: Total sample (1,806)
This graph shows that 14% of respondents said they have a disability, while 86% said they do not have a disability.
Demographics - Disability type
Base: Respondents reporting a disability (250)
This graph shows that of those who said they have a disability, 39% said it was physical, 38% said it was mobility, 32% said it was mental health, 14% said it was hearing impairment, 10% said it was a learning difficulty, 6% said it was a visual impairment, and 8% said it was another unspecified disability.